Organization & Position Summary:
The Arc Minnesota promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities. The Arc pursues lasting community change and connections that support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in creating a good life.
Responsible to ensure that all Guests (shoppers, donors, and volunteers) receive exceptional guest service. Provides janitorial upkeep and support for Arc’s Value Village Thrift Stores and Donation Centers. This includes janitorial, general maintenance and waste management support. Demonstrates The Arc Minnesota’s Values: “we value each person”, “we are connectors”, “we are courageous”, and “we are accountable” on a daily basis.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Generous time off policies, and flexible schedules
- $12.50 Hour
- Practices and follows established Guest Service Standards for shoppers, donors, and volunteers
- Provides daily janitorial and maintenance upkeep: Follow procedures, schedules, and provides necessary cleaning services for sales floor, support, and salvage work areas. Follow opening and closing cleaning procedures using best practices. Maintain and appropriately use and store janitorial supplies. Review store lighting and change bulbs as assigned.
- Maintains safe and organized backroom and workstation. Practices safe lifting techniques and safe work habits to minimize work injuries. Attends to interior and exterior site needs throughout a given shift (may include snow removal/salting of exterior store areas.
- Operates all store equipment including vehicles, balers, forklifts, and cleaning equipment according to all prescribed safety methods. Trained in and follows store security policies regarding loss prevention, panic alarms, emergencies etc.
- Provides janitorial support to waste removal, recycling, and salvage operations.
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required
- 1-2 Years General Labor/Janitorial Experience Preferred
- Able to effectively communicate with all guests (shoppers, donors, and volunteers)
- Able to pass required Fit for Duty testing
- Able to lift boxes and bags that weigh 50 - 100 lbs.
- Able to stand, walk, bend and stoop continuously throughout assigned work shift
- Able to lift trash cans to waist height and load and unload trucks
- Able to work varied hours/days as business dictates
To Be Considered: Please visit www.arcminnesota.org/careers to apply.
The Arc Minnesota is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
The Arc Minnesota is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request an accommodation, contact Human Resources at [Register to View] .