Position Status: Part-Time or Full-Time
Position Summary: Provides service and support in the operational areas of Arc’s Value Village Thrift Stores and Donation Centers. This includes the areas of donor assistance/customer service, janitorial, general maintenance and waste management. Donation Center employees are responsible to complete general donation receiving, salvage, overstock and janitorial services.
Organization Summary: The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities. The Arc pursues lasting community change and connections that support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in creating a good life.
Be a Villager! For more than 32 years, thanks to shoppers, donors, and the team of staff & volunteers, Arc’s Value Village has provided funding for The Arc Minnesota's programs and services, benefiting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. Our helpful staff is trained to provide customer service in a fun, friendly, and clean shopping environment.
· Greet/attend to donors with drop offs in a timely manner and provide excellent customer service
· Provide necessary cleaning services for sales floor, support and salvage work
· Maintain and appropriately use and store janitorial supplies
· Recycles appropriate materials; keeps recycling areas neat and organized
· Loads and unloads trucks safely and effectively using safe/appropriate work habits
· Operates all store equipment including vehicles, balers, fork lifts, and cleaning equipment according to all prescribed safety methods
· Attends to interior and exterior site needs throughout a given shift
· Provides snow removal and salting of exterior store areas as needed
· Assists with categorizing and packing hazardous waste
· Works independently without constant supervision
· High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred
· 1-2 years General Labor/Janitorial Experience preferred
· Able to communicate effectively with customers, donors, and volunteers
· Able to pass required Fit for Duty testing
· Able to lift boxes and bags that weigh 50-100 lbs
· Able to stand, walk, bend, and stoop continuously throughout assigned work shift
· Able to lift trash cans to waist height and load and unload trucks
· Able to work varied hours/days as business dictates
Comprehensive benefits package depending on number of scheduled hours.
The Arc Minnesota is proud to be an AA/EEO employer