Organization & Position Summary:
The Arc Minnesota promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities. The Arc pursues lasting community change and connections that support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in creating a good life.
This position is responsible for providing housing access services to adults with disabilities who have Medical Assistance and Waiver services. This position will provide individual support and housing services to individuals with a range of disabilities. The primary role of the Housing Access Coordinator is to assist people moving to a home or apartment of their own. The Housing Access Coordinator is expected to demonstrate competence in the areas of multi-cultural communication (written & verbal), problem solving, flexibility, job knowledge in social services, time management, interpersonal relations, ethics, proficient technology skills, and communication skills. This employee will be working with Housing Access Services clients, Transitional Services clients, and Housing Stabilization Services clients. All employees are expected to demonstrate and model The Arc Minnesota Values: “We value each person”, “We are connectors”, “We are courageous”, and “We are accountable” on a daily basis.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Generous time off policies, remote work options, and flexible schedules
- $21.00 per hour
- The Arc pays approximately 75-85% of medical premiums, depending on network and family options
- Dental insurance starting at $2.02 for single coverage and $16.93 for family coverage
- Ensures The Arc Minnesota and its partners are working collectively and collaboratively to achieve all required contract and billing deliverables.
- Assists eligible movers with disabilities in obtaining inclusive, independent housing and community living outcomes.
- Participates in statewide teleconferences and meetings to review program outcomes.
- Determines the eligibility of persons seeking assistance under these programs.
- Provides direct housing related services to eligible persons with disabilities.
- Assists individuals to develop person-centered planning housing goals.
- Locates suitable, affordable, and accessible housing for individuals with a range of disabilities.
- Represents the agency in appropriate educational, county, and state committees and utilizes information to develop and/or improve The Arc Minnesota’s programs as directed.
- Strategically and effectively pursues outreach to build referrals to our housing programs.
- Maintains and builds knowledge of housing supports and services that affect the lives of people with I/DD and other disabilities in assigned region.
- Serves as The Arc Minnesota’s representative for designated advocacy coalitions and/or collaborative agency initiatives when directed.
- Assists in identifying and sharing success stories of movers with disabilities who have achieved greater independence through our housing programs.
- Maintains records of individuals served for effective service delivery and grant reporting.
- Timely turnaround of paperwork, financial documents, and reports.
- Focuses on detail and accurate paperwork for billing purposes.
- Provides activity reporting and statistical reporting of all individual advocacy and program related activities and communicates trends and critical issues.
- BA/BS in human services or related field preferred but not required
- 1-3 years of human services experience preferred
- Knowledge of, and ability to, provide accurate information and assistance to people applying for Federal and State public assistance programs.
- Soundly proficient technology skills
- Experience working directly with people with disabilities.
- Ability to work with multiple community partners
- Knowledge of, and providing information and assistance in applying for publicly financed housing
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Knowledge of rental housing market in assigned region and surrounding communities
- Must have reliable transportation to serve eligible participants throughout assigned region
- Familiarity with County Social Services and Financial Assistance Programs preferred
- Demonstrates a passion for assisting people with disabilities in finding a home of their own
To Be Considered: Please visit https://arcminnesota.org/about/careers/ to apply.