Organization Summary: The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities. The Arc pursues lasting community change and connections that support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families in creating a good life.
Be a Villager! For more than 30 years, thanks to shoppers, donors, and the team of staff & volunteers, Arc’s Value Village has provided funding for The Arc Greater Twin Cities’ programs and services, benefiting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families. Our helpful staff is trained to provide excellent customer service in a fun, friendly, and clean shopping environment.
Position Summary: Provides customer service to Value Village customers and donors in a variety of ways: cashiering, answering phones, greeting customers, assisting donors, answering questions, providing information. In addition, the Sales Associate assists with pricing and stocking merchandise and keeping sales floor organized and safe.
- Operate point of sale (cash register) accurately and processes customer purchases efficiently and appropriately
- Provides accurate services including purchases, gift card sales/redemptions, sale discounts
- Complies with internal control measures and other money handling procedures
- Request management assistance for customer or donor needs as needed
- Meets established time requirements and merchandising guidelines for stickering/restocking
- Maintain neat and clutter free cash register area.
- Monitor activity on sales floor, maintain safe sales floor conditions
- Arrives to work on time/completes assigned shifts with few exceptions
- Works independently without constant supervision
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate preferred
- 1 Years Sales Associate/POS Experience preferred
- Able to communicate effectively with customers, donors, and volunteers
- Able to lift boxes and bags that weigh 30 – 50 lbs
- Able to bend, stoop, stand and walk continuously throughout assigned work shift
- Able to work varied hours/days as business dictates
Compensation: Competitive Benefits and Salary
The Arc Greater Twin Cities is proud to be an AA/EEO employer
To Be Considered: Please visit https://arcminnesota.org/about/careers/ to apply.